Thursday, August 25, 2011

Christ in the Temple




I added a blend of orange and purple to his robe and stuck that in a few other places. Dabbed light cerulean blue some places too to imply the details.

I wanted to pull Christ out from the background, so I glazed the background with purple/blue. It still looks the same. I also added to brown detail to Christ, and a few yellow highlights to offset the puple/blue glazed background. I will probably have to reglaze when I get all the background detail entered, but I couldn't resist trying it now. How can I lift Christ out of the background? Value? Color?

This photo is lousy. I added lots of dark, which you can see on the left side. There is a lot of little detail to add to this picture! I really kind of clean off my palette on this picture because there are little bits of every color in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment