Friday, December 2, 2011

I started a series of paintings of the life of Christ. I have to have something to look at to paint, so I am using a kids book that our church puts out. Hopefully, these will be a departure from that. So far I have 11 started, and make a rule that I can only work on them 15 minutes at a time. Then I switch to another picture. I don't paint every day, but I paint every day that I can - just a bit. None of these paintings have had much time put into them.
 All of the series is painted on masonite board coated with neutral grey gesso, which makes for a smooth, neutral surface that I usually like for doing portraits. I'm trying out new brands of oil paint: Classico, Gamblin, and Williamsburg. All the rest are a cheaper brand by Windsor Newton, Winton.
Painting action figures is new to me, so bear with my learning and experimentation.
I'm enjoying expressing my religious beliefs, and if I am successful, the south is a great place to market paintings of the Savior!!!
Enjoy my success, as well as my failure. This is a gamble!

No comments:

Post a Comment