Saturday, December 3, 2011

Ballet dancer

I will be working from this photo that I isolated from a video I previously filmed using the "Print Screen" button, then in "Accessories," "Paint," then "Paste". I was able to crop the photo before I saved it. So Hi-Tech!!!
Using only a black and white print of the picture from my laser printer, I sketched out the form. Oh, and I'm working on this OLD canvas that has many layers of paintings under it. When I don't like something, I clean off my palette over it and use it for a later painting. I don't want to pass on and have my UGLY stuff saved...
I broke out a new color I bought ,Gamblin Radiant Blue, thinned it with Mineral Spirits, and scratched it over the yukky background with a house paint brush. That brand of paint really goes far!!!!


I tried out my new Gamblin Pthalo Green, which is also strong. The canvas seems too wide and I wanted the figure to pop out in her solid parts, so I added some green behind the torso. Too green for the final, but it makes the figure turn pink even though I haven't added any color on it! I want to paint MOTION!


Is the dark too dark????

Hmmmm....

2 comments:

  1. I think the motion in the photograph is portrayed by the blurred lines on the hands, hair, skirt, and one foot. Perhaps you could kept those aspects of your painting "blurred" to show motion.

    Also, I did like the blue background, but I don't think the dark background is too dark. Either could work.

    Mrs. Amanda von Cannon

    ReplyDelete