Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christ and the Nets



I think this is my favorite of the series. It has drama. I added orange highlights for more drama.

I added more white and a bit of brown detail on the face.



I got some new paint tubes and had to try them out on everything I could find. I added Gamblin Radiant Blue and a bit of Gamblin Naples Yellow Hue. WOW! Those paints are so much denser than anything I've ever used. I think I'll stick with expensive brands from now on!!!
Can you see the little spots of Naples Yellow hiding in there? Adding yellow to sky is a secret way to make it glow.


Added a few details, especially on the fishermen.

Added more dark browns to the men, and whites to Christ's robe, which started scaring me, so I stopped.
I want to finish this!
I added a few more details to the man on the right. Can you find them?

Two different shots of the same stage of the picture. You can see how lighting affects what you are perceiving! The BIG change is that I glazed the whole Christ with orange. It was so scary to do it and then I got super busy and, well, now he's orange. I hope I like it. Do you?

I balanced it by adding more oranges.

2 comments:

  1. Solei says this is her favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the orange. The white-robed Christ looked kind of resurrected already. This is a little more realistic. Plus, warm and inviting and personal.

    ReplyDelete